Saturday, August 27, 2011

Let’s Catch up a Little, Shall We?

I’ve had a smattering of bare cement, fluffy down comforter, and double sheet moments the last few days.

Bare cement moments


The last two weekends have found me paralyzed with fatigue, even though I have a house to clean, stories to write, and crunches to do.
I’m drinking more. I love the way it starts. I hate the way it ends.
I’m getting uglier and uglier as each day goes by. Spider veins dominate the lower half of my legs. My tummy reminds me of the second trimester, my arms are wrinkled and there’s stupid red spots in my skin. The wattle under my chin where my neck used to be makes me long for the turtlenecks of winter. I don’t want anyone to see me from the side.
My sister’s dog was attacked by a pit bull.
My friend’s son is in the wilds of northern Afghanistan and her husband’s sick.
My parent’s friends just keep passing away.
I live in a state where they run down pedestrians like ants…or beat people up for not driving fast enough.
I miss my daughter.

Double sheet moments


I realize I have a good job and great friends. Those realizations help.
My dreams are very entertaining.
My sister’s dog is getting better.
My cat pinned down a little dog in a Full Nelson. He didn’t hurt him, but it was amusing as hell.

Fluffy Down Comforter moments


I know my daughter loves me.
I know Lester loves me.
They liked my story in writer’s group and said wonderful things to me.
New reality shows have begun for the Fall.
My great niece and nephew are doing incredibly well in soccer and baseball. This makes my sister very happy…and that makes me very happy.
Lester got his nails trimmed.---

1 comment:

  1. easyline laundry chutes
    Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete

In the Look-Back

In the Look-Back
P coat and twiggy hair

Riding the Stream Down

Riding the Stream Down
Snap shot from the Look-Back