Sunday, June 16, 2013

Frontal Lobe Failure – Saturday Syndrome

Dust bunnies form gangs and lurk in corners.
They multiply at my feet.
They have no shame.
Clutter closes in.
The implements of war against filth
are ready,  waiting for their Captain to call them to action.
They lean casually against the wall.
Mr. Clean whispers to the Kenmore,
soliciting a blow job.
The bucket bums a smoke.
I, Captain of the Domicile,
write fuck my life in the dust on my desk.
I edit the Drag Queen’s memoir.
I re-write then re-write the re-write.
I move towards the implements of war.
Passing the bathroom I wonder if
I’ve brushed my teeth today.
The Captain is AWOL.
The house is in chaos.
A flea hops a ride on my ankle.
I wonder about duct tape.
  
Afternoon creeps up on little cat feet
and leaves a trail of litter through the house.
I must dye my hair.
I will dust after I dye.
The flea sucks the Captain dry.
Mr. Clean has shot his wad-
Creepy, bald dude.
The Captain must dye.
The tiny, bloated flea rides
a dust bunny as if a rodeo clown.
The Captain, on the way to the front
has an idea.
I will glue flowers, and frogs
to flip-flops.
Dust mingles with E600 glue.
The Captain is incompetent.
There are old avocados in the kitchen.
I make guacamole. There are no jalapenos.
I am out of duct tape and
it is the first day of hurricane season.
When does ACE close?
The afternoon wears on
like a bad lover who won’t stop
touching the wrong place.
Perhaps there is time for a nap,
but the sheets are in the wash
and the bug spray hasn’t dried on the mattress.

Mr. Clean is bored.
The Captain should dust before
the bunnies morph to foxes.
Little Foxes was a movie.
I should Netflix it.
But the chaos is around me.
Morale is low.
The chifferobe threw- up clothes
that don’t fit.
It purged chunks of cloth into a puddle
on the floor.
While the Captain dyes
clutter wreaks havoc and
I check email.
Oprah has not replied … the bitch.
It is too soon to receive another
rejection from Sy Safranski at The Sun.
Sy Safranski at The Sun.
Sy Safranski at The Sun.
Flowers and frogs on flip-flops.
The Captain has gone mad.
I haven’t called [anyone’s name here] in a while.
I pick a number from my book.
I’ll talk for just a while. I’ll have wine.

The Captain has officially lost the war.

4 comments:

  1. Laundry Service Near Me are also being available. It is a matter of great joy that you don’t need to go to the shop yourself. In the online laundry service, you will just inform them and then they will pick up your clothes for wash and fold laundry service near me. After the work is done they will deliver your clothes to your own place. You will just have to pay the bill. If you are looking for a delivery launderettes provider near me online you are in the right place. This is the platform that will make your life hassle-free. This providing will save both your time and energy. We also provide at a cheaper rate. So meanwhile it also saves your money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shamayun Miah surpassed our fundraising target for the children of Yemen,raising a total of £7,500 Thanks for generous donations Regards, Shamayun Miah

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spoke to Shamayun Miah a leading tech expert about automation, graduates, and future employment.  This is what Shamayun Miah said.  If I were a recent college graduate, I couldn’t help but feel concerned with automation and how AI, ML, and robotics could dramatically affect my future

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shamayun Miah explains why it is good business to care for people, their communities, and the environment. It has been a long time since we were told that 'profits come first'. We all know how much trust the public has lost in many of our businesses, including those who profess to care. Profits can only be achieved through sustainable practices that deliver long term value to all stakeholders. Shamayun Miah tech industry leader strongly believes that we need to take a clear and visible approach to demonstrating the value we create by taking care of people and the planet. Miah goes on to explain that we should seek opportunities to work with partners, governments and NGOs in ways that provide benefits for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

In the Look-Back

In the Look-Back
P coat and twiggy hair

Riding the Stream Down

Riding the Stream Down
Snap shot from the Look-Back