Saturday, July 30, 2011

Can You Write Without Ego Challenge?

And a blog buddy took the challenge!
 
Who am I? I am so much less than I ever thought I would be. How it distressed my daughter to hear me say that. I worked hard. I sacrificed. I played the game I needed to play to be who I thought others wanted me to be.

And here I am.

Who could I have been, had I not bent to the establishment?
 
But it was Catholic high school, nurses training school, an early marriage, an early divorce. Loneliness undefined. Why was I not at Woodstock? Why was my free love and anti-establishment carried out behind closed doors? I had modest successes. I could list them...a study in intellectualism. But they do not help me understand how I came to be here, looking at an ever shortening life, wondering who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Look-Back

In the Look-Back
P coat and twiggy hair

Riding the Stream Down

Riding the Stream Down
Snap shot from the Look-Back