Monday, June 6, 2011

Brief Thought

It's a three sheet landing day.  Not really bad, but there might be some irritating crumbs trapped in the high thread count.  Which reminds me of the time Kathy and I short-sheeted all the girl's bunks at Joseph Badger Meadows Christian retreat when we were 14.  We opted to not go with the rest of the group to a football game. We preferred to stay behind and wreak havoc.  We put crumbs in everyone's bunks except for Amy McCauley's .  We kinda wanted her to get blamed because she was always perfect...which was a  ridiculous idea because she cried and everyone KNEW it wasn't her.  Everyone knew it was me and Kathy.  So the minister said a special prayer at evening vespers..." Dear Heavenly Father..please forgive those who must be cruel and mean at the expense of others..."   So that' my karma.   THAT's what's been wrong with me all these years.That's why I'm always working hard to get nowhere.   I have no doubt Amy married well and has lots of money, a good career, and probably still has a neck and good skin.   But Kathy is gone now, and I sit in a cubicle all day trying to figure out why insurance companies aren't paying hospital bills. I think I just bored myself, just now.     But I mainly wanted to say that I started my new meds yesterday!  Pristique.  It makes me jittery and sleepy at the same time.I had a really good analogy in my head to explain how the meds make me feel but I got side-tracked with crumbs in bunks.   Oh well.  I'm reasonably sure it wasn't profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Look-Back

In the Look-Back
P coat and twiggy hair

Riding the Stream Down

Riding the Stream Down
Snap shot from the Look-Back